5. Apply Vaseline on your teeth.
While it may seem strange, applying Vaseline to the teeth is an old stage-hand trick, used to get dancers and other performers keener about grinning. Vaseline prevents your lips from sticking to your teeth and is a common defensive measure taken when applying lipstick. Done properly, Vaseline can help avoid getting lipstick on the teeth.
- Use caution and only apply a very small amount of Vaseline to your teeth. Nobody desires a mouthful of petroleum jelly.
6. Use Vaseline on your hair.
Small amounts of Vaseline can be useful for managing hair, locking in moisture, and treating dry scalp issues that you might be having. You want to use Vaseline sparingly since it’s very difficult to wash out, but it can be an effective treatment in some cases.
- Use Vaseline to shrink scaling and itching associated with dandruff. Condition the scalp with Vaseline pre-shampooing, massaging it gently into your scalp before a shower.
- Use Vaseline as a mask around the hairline when dyeing hair. It can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals.
- In a pinch, a very small dab of Vaseline can be used in place of mousse or styling gel. Smear a tiny bit on your hands and scrunch through your hair for a choppy look.