1. Use Vaseline to soften rough skin.
While Vaseline is not a moisturizer, it can be used to soften skin and lock in moisture on the dry skin. You can use Vaseline as a spot-treatment for dry skin, especially during winter, helping to protect skin exposed to unfavorable weather conditions.
- Apply Vaseline to your elbows or knees to help moisturize the skin and rid the areas of any ashy texture or appearance.
- If you have calluses or rough spots on your feet, apply a thin coat of Vaseline at night then slip on some clean socks. Your feet should feel a bit softer the next morning.
- Apply a few dry spots on your body before fake tanning lotions are applied. This will help to prevent uneven tanning.
- Use petroleum jelly after shaving. It can be used to smooth and soothe clean, freshly shaven skin.